Monday, May 22, 2006

I wont have any kids because I feel sorry for the trees!

In the 1900s the population of Uganda was about 3M people and needless to say, most of the country was covered with equatorial forests. Fast forward to 1980s it was 15M and obviously little of the forests remained. Today it is estimated at 21M and the government just sold off several islands to investors for growing palm trees. This might seem like a useless piece of information but trust me if you drop it into a conversation, especially as an anwer to a question about how many kids you're planning to have, you'll look brainy. Inevitably you will intially come off as NUTS, but if you eloquenlty explain the relationship between population growth and the diminishing forest vegetation, you will emerge not only as intelligent but also as very knowledgable (if you wear specs, it is a good idea to nibble on them as if in thought and then wave them about while explaining your point).

I love Grey's Anatomy, the soundtracks are so lovely, they invoke all sorts of emotions in me. Here's one of my favorite songs on the soundtrack.

In the Sun - Coldplay ft Peter something

I picture you in the sun wondering what went wrong
And falling down on your knees asking for sympathy
And being caught in between all you wish for and all you seen
And trying to find anything you can feel that you can believe in

May God's love be with you
Always
May God's love be with you
I know I would apologize if I could see your eyes

cause when you showed me myself I became someone else
But I was caught in between all you wish for and all you need

I picture you fast asleep
A nightmare comesYou cant keep awake
May God's love be with you

Always
May God's love be with you
cause if I findIf I find my own way

How much will I find
If I findIf I find my own way
How much will I findYou

I dont know anymore
What its forIm not even sure
If there is anyone who is in the sun
Will you help me to understandcause I been caught in between all I wish for and all I need
Maybe youre not even sure what its for
Any more than me
May God's love be with you

Always
May God's love be with you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful of you to think about the trees of Uganda, will also decrease on the dust we inhale.Unfortunately i think i will pass on that one, love Uganda BUT thats a big one, will make up in another way.
Interesting song, reading it i can almost hear it knowing as Coldplay has a way of co-ordinating their rhythme, instrumental and lyrics to all have the same impact.
Gees, i hav to catch up with all those series, Grey's Anatomy, Prison Break, 24 and Desperate Housewives, they all show on m-net in the common room, but watching with all those people going on and on just isn't appealing.eg i tried to watch prison break last week, okay i appreciate that Micheal is cute and has to die for lips, but get over it at some point and just watch in silence!Fiona

rebekah said...

I know how much you love kids rhino, you will have kids, 4 at least...