Monday, September 28, 2009

Thug Love!

I have this playlist on my mp3 player; it's called "maybehip". See, at the heart of me, I am all about rock n roll. I believe that it will never die. However, I have always thought of myself as a hip guy though, so every now and then, I venture into the land of hip hop and update myself. My latest obsession in these realms is "Cash Flow – Ace Hood ft DJ Khaled, Rick Ross & T-Pain." This song represents my latest act of piracy; I fired up limewire yesterday and downloaded the damn song because I like it. I wouldn't mind giving Mr. Hood his cash flow but it's a little bit outside my sphere of financial influence at the moment. Perhaps that's why I like it, because I need my cash flow too. Some people have been hindering it and "am a come see ya!" Anyway, back to hip-hop. I guess like all music, it serves to inspire me. I listen to people like Tupac Shakur, and it's like reading poetry. Even such silly songs like "I Love College", serve to remind me to not be too serious about life. That perhaps the entire world is a college and you go through it trying to learn a few things, so you might as well have some fun while you're at it. I listen to Wyclef cry about "Gunpowder" and shout "No More War" and I feel the emotion in his words. I hear Ludacris and Alicia Keys talk about savouring the moments and doing things "Like You'll Never See Me Again". I take from them the simple message that we are not promised tomorrow, so let's do and say the shit that matters now. Whenever I'm feeling down, Tupac and Scarface come calling, whispering that "there's gonna be some stuff you gonna see, that's going to make it hard to smile in the future. But through whatever you see, through all the rain and the pain, you gotta keep your sense of humour; you gotta be able to smile through all this bullshit. Remember that." Perhaps that is why I place such a high premium on humour. I like to laugh truly, sometimes at myself. Whenever I'm in need of some pride, Lil' Mama comes through because she is "What It Is." Some of these songs tell me that in "Everything, Everyday, Everywhere", I should be myself and embrace who I truly am. Some move me to call out and ask "If You're Out There," if indeed you will stand up tell me that "A Change is Gonna Come." Jordin Sparks comes along and helps me say that you're all imprinted on the fabric of my life like a "Tatoo." I realise that I could go through the entire playlist describing each song and how it makes me feel but I will spare you that drivel. However, I must say that I feel T.I. is a genius; his words are reminiscent of Tupac's mastery on "All Eyez On Me". I was searching for words that could channel my fighting spirit and he came along singing "I Aint Dead, I Aint Done." So, let me clock out here and say, people, "Let It Rock", and to all the girls, "Thug love!"

PS: I will be updating this playlist with music sourced from Baz, Andrew, Lethal and other places.

1. Mary J Blige - Work That (3:32)

2. 2Pac - Pac's Life (Feat. T.I. & Ashanti) (3:37)

3. Akon - Beautiful Ft. Colby O'Donis And Kardinal Offishall (5:13)

4. Destinys Child - T-Shirt-easymp3s (4:40)

5. Akon - Troublemaker Ft. Sweet Rush (3:57)

6. India.Arie - Chocolate High (Feat. Musiq Soulchild) (4:44)

7. Akon - Ghetto (3:57)

8. Fabolous - Everything, Everyday, Everywhere f. Keri Hilson & Ryan Leslie (4:07)

9. Akon - I'm So Paid Ft. Lil' Wayne And Young Jeezy (4:23)

10. Lil' Mama - What It Is (Strike A Pose) (Feat. T-Pain) (3:58)

11. Akon - Be With You (3:51)

12. Wyclef Jean - Any Other Day (Feat. Norah Jones) (4:11)

13. Rihanna - Rehab (4:57)

14. Plies - Hypnotized (feat. & prod. by Akon) (3:10)

15. Eminem - Beautiful (6:32)

16. Tupac Shakur - 2 Pac-All Eyes On Me - Heartz Of Men (4:43)

17. Tupac Shakur - 2 Pac-All Eyes On Me - Life Goes On (5:01)

18. Tupac Shakur - 2 Pac-All Eyes On Me - Only God Can Judge Me (4:56)

19. Ace Hood - Cash Flow (ft. DJ Khaled, Rick Ross, T-Pain) (4:28)

20. akon ft karidinal offishall - Rush (2007) (4:15)

21. All y'all - Timbaland (4:35)

22. Asher Roth - I Love College (4:06)

23. Wyclef Jean - 5-Baby Daddy-Redman (4:03)

24. Beyonce Knowles - Halo (4:21)

25. Britney Spears - Circus (3:12)

26. Britney Spears - Gimme More (4:13)

27. Busta Rhymes Ft. Linkin Park - We Made It.mp3

28. Chris Brown - Superhuman (Keri Hilson).mp3

29. Colby O'Donis feat. Akon - What You Got [iM1].mp3

30. Destiny's Child, Eminem, Redman - Thug Love (Remix).mp3

31. DJ Khaled - We taking over (feat. Akon, Baby, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross & T.I.).mp3

32. Estelle-Come Over(Feat.sean paul)(clean).mp3

33. Fabolous_-_It's My Time Ft Jeremih.mp3

34. Hold My Hand---- Akon Remix feat. Michael Jackson.mp3

35. I Can't Win (His Mistakes) - Usher.mp3

36. I'm Not My Hair (Remix) - India. Arie Feat. Akon.mp3

37. If That's OK With You Shayne Ward (3:44)

38. India Arie - Video (4:12)

39. Jennifer Hudson-Spotlight.mp3

40. John Legend - Everybody Knows (4:35)

41. John Legend - Green Light f/ Andre 3000 (4:45)

42. John Legend - If You're Out There (4:23)

43. John Legend - No Other Love [Feat. Estelle] (3:59)

44. Jordin Sparks - Tatoo (3:55)

45. Kanye West - Flashing Lights (Ft. Dwele) (3:59)

46. Kanye West - Homecoming (Feat. Chris Martin) (3:23)

47. Kanye West - Stronger (5:11)

48. Kanye West ft. T-Pain - Heartless.mp3

49. Keri Hilson - Knock You Down ft. Kanye West & Ne-Yo.mp3

50. Kevin Rudolf feat. Lil' Wayne - Let It Rock.mp3

51. Lady Gaga - Just Dance (4:02)

52. Lemarvin - Thug Like Me (2:43)

53. Like I Never Left (Feat. Akon) - Whitney Houston.mp3

54. Like You'll Never See Me Again (Remix) - Alicia Keys Ft. L.mp3

55. Lil Wayne - Mrs. Officer (Feat. Bobby Valentino).mp3

56. Lil Wayne Ft. Lloyd - You (3:35)

57. Lionel Richie Ft.Akon-Just Go.mp3

58. Lloyd - Lessons In Love - I Can Change Your Life.mp3

59. Lloyd ft. Lil Wayne - Girls All Around World (3:31)

60. Love like this- natasha bedding (3:45)

61. Lupe Fiasco Ft. Young Jeezy & T.I. - Superstar (Remix) (3:41)

62. Maino feat. T Pain- All of the Above.mp3

63. Mariah Carey Feat. T.I. - I'll Be Loving You Long Time (Official Remix).mp3

64. Mariah Carey ft. Akon & Lil Wayne - Bye Bye (Remix).mp3

65. Mariah Carey&ampKrazie Bone - I Still Believe.mp3

66. Mary J Blige - Fade Away (4:18)

67. Mr. DJ - Swangz Ave Anthem.mp3

68. Nappy Roots - Good Day.mp3

69. Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful Of Sunshine.mp3 (Yes, some rock creeps in)

70. Pussycat Dolls - I Hate This Part (3:39)

71. Queen Latifah - Love is a battle field (4:57)

72. Rick Ross Ft. John Legend - Magnificent.mp3

73. Seal - A Change Is Gonna Come.mp3

74. Sean Paul - Pepperpot (3:13)

75. Shayne Ward - Breathless (3:49)

76. Shayne Ward - Melt the snow (3:49)

77. Sorry Blame It On Me - Akon (4:55)

78. Syleena Johnson - Hypnotic ft R. Kelly and Fabol (4:49)

79. T.I. - Live Your Life (Ft. Rihanna) (5:40)

80. T.I. - No Matter What.mp3

81. T.I. - Slide Show (Ft. John Legend) (3:42)

82. T.I. - What Up, Whats Haapnin.mp3

83. T.I. - Whatever You Like.mp3

84. T.I. Feat. Justin Timberlake - Dead And Gone [feat. Justin Timberlake] (Explicit Album Version) (4:59)

85. The Boss Feat. T- Pain - Rick Ross.mp3

86. The Dream Ft Kanye West-Walking On The Moon.mp3

87. The Game - Dreams (4:49)

88. The Game Ft. Lil Wayne - My Life.mp3

89. Timbaland - Scream (Feat. Keri Hilson & Nicole Scherzinger) (5:41)

90. Timbaland ft Francisco & Keri Hilson - The Way I Are (Remix) (3:54)

91. Tupac - Changes.mp3

92. Tupac - dear mama.mp3

93. Tupac - I Wonder If Heaven Got A Ghetto - (Hip-Hop Version).mp3

94. Tupac - Letter to my unborn.mp3

95. Tupac - Smile.mp3

96. Tupac - Thugs Mansion.mp3

97. Tupac - Untill The End Of Time.mp3

98. U Know What - Avante ft.Lil Wayne.mp3

99. We Ride (I See the Future).mp3

100. Wyclef Jean - No More War (4:01)

101. Wyclef Jean - Apocalypse (3:51)

102. Wyclef Jean - Fast Car (Feat. Paul Simon) (4:03)

103. Wyclef Jean - Hot 91.3 Pussycat (3:51)

104. Wyclef Jean - Slow Down (Feat. T.I.) (5:17)

105. Wyclef Jean - We Trying To Stay Alive - John Forté (3:13)

106. Wyclef Jean - What About The Baby (Feat. Mary J. Blige) (3:36)

107. wyclef jean - wish you were here.mp3

108. Wyclef Jean LIFE New Day.mp3

109. Young Jeezy Ft Kanye West, Trae, Lil Wayne, Ludacris & Rick Ross - I Put On (Remix) (7:17)

11 comments:

zsamm said...

a bit more up my alley =D
i'm really one of those old folks at heart who believes 'they dont make music like they used to' but this is a prettY cool playlist.
i guess the reason i dont feel rock so much these days is that it doesnt...rock. its so sad and slow. surely u can express the same sentiment with more energy (good example, Queen; somebody to love...singing along to a song about misery and lonliness has never been so much fun =D)

jny23 said...

Yu missed out one good song by Tupac; Baby don't cry. keeps me going all the time.

One of my departed friends always had T.Is I aint dead, I aint done on repeat. Wonder if he somehow knew he was passing on soon. Or probablly it was a message for us that he is still alive and around us. R.I.P Pip.

off to download all the songs on yo playlist that i don't have,

L.A. Lutara said...

music serves to inspire...whatever the genre...whatever the sound...my inspiration right now...

"you cant tell me nothin'!" kanye west

la...la...la-la...wait until i get my moooney rigggghhhht!!!"

Misstarii said...

You got Tupac, we can talk..love your mix...kind like what i listen too..

Baz said...

I am probably going to comment more than once here. I listen to a lot of rock, listen to and love it, but I know I'm a hip hop head at heart (yes, I know) and this is like a challenge.

One of the most highly-regarded rappers in the history of the genre is famous for the catchphrase Nobody's Smiling. They asked Rakim why he never smiles. He said, "Cos I ain't no joke." It's on T-shirts now.

Anyway, even Asher Roth isn't really a joke. I hope you can get to hear this. It's called Just Listen, it's an a capella he did.

http://www.imeem.com/asherroth/music/WvwnDu87/asher-roth-13just-listen-just-asher/

If the link won't work, please youtube Asher Roth Just Listen. It WILL impress you.

Baz said...

You know what, I need to make a new mixtape. Nze DJ Selekta.

lulu said...

now that cash flow song is ...different... i cant say i like...just different...on rock, i am soooooo with you!

L.A. Lutara said...

keep it rockin Lulu! its my life blood and what feeds my inspiration although i am partial to particular hip hop artists...Jayz, nas, mos def, Lupe fiasco, common, kanye (as big headed as he is; he makes awesome music), biggy and pac.

listen to;
"hip hop saved my life" by lupe fiasco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPAXi8_VUfM

Baz said...

Lutara, you are my brother from another mother. Someone had to mention Lupe, Com and Mos.

Have you heard Fort Minor, rock meets rap?

Or Mike Shinoda's work with Lupe?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5eHWIis6U

L.A. Lutara said...

long lost i'm assuming Baz!lol
ive listened to "the rising tide" and snippets from a mixtape of theirs plus, of course, some of mikes work on lupe's albums.

check out lupes new single if you havnt already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM5YHqYIctE

Rhino said...

@Baz and @ La Lutara, hip-hop crazed chaps. That Lupe song is ballistic!

@Sam, how are you?

@jny23, that song is cool, if I put all the songs I wanted, I would have to set up a whole other blog!

@Tricia, please, let's talk!

@Lulu, :)

I like that Fort Minor Song - Where'd You Go