Monday, June 19, 2006

In the absence of the sacred.

I am in no way superstitious. I've read too much crap to be that inclined. But sometimes you just have to wonder why some things always happen the way they do. For instance I have a friend who whenever he watches an Arsenal match, they never win, most of the time they lose...It got so bad that before their most recent game, Arsenal fans misdirected him and told him we were watching the game in some bar on the other side of town. He caught onto the ruse and showed up at the nook just in time for kick off. Arsenal promptly lost 2-1. So what is my point? None really, just thought i would share a story.

I had a very unfamilliar feeling today. I remember having something like it back when I was about 10 years old. My mom had gone out and it was getting late and I had this very heavy heart kind of sensation. I was worried that something would happen to her...I wanted her to come back immediately...I was not whole without her. I had that kind of feeling today, about someone who I haven't seen for a whole week. I think I'm falling deeper still.

Currently reading:

Abyssinian Chronicles by Moses Isegawa
A really good read, the fact that it's set in Uganda makes it easy to relate to. Humor and style of narration is very good as well.

His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman
Started reading it bse, the reviewers compared Pullman to Tolkien and have to say I was not disappointed. Just finished book two *The Subtle Knife*. A must read for any fantasy fan.

Song currently obsessed with:

Deeper water by Minnie Driver

Something funny for you: It's so miserable being a millionaire!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm hmm, now i know why u replied my "guess who is in town" sms so urgently.