Wednesday, March 29, 2006

This land is your land!

My muscles are killin me. Not in the *take that you SOB* kind of way, but they're aching like hell.
I went to the gym on monday morning and like anyone who's put on a few pounds, not to mention been absent from the gym for several years, I went into overdrive. I was everywhere, liftin this and that and the other, on the treadmill, bike etc. If it wasn't bolted down I lifted it, if it had wheels I rode it. After two intensive hours, I had a cold shower and headed into town for business as usual. Monday was quite uneventful, had the usual
game of scrabble against Mark, and headed to the Nook in the evening.

Woke up on Tuesday morning and I couldn't move a limb, couldn't even stretch my hand to see what time it was. If this is going to be the price of a six pack and co, I just might pass and stick to sunday football. As if spending the day in pain wasn't enough, I had to endure 90 minutes of Arsenal vs Juventus
. Now, any neutral fan will tell you it was a brilliant game from Arsenal, don't believe the hype. Me as an Arsenal hater absolutely and without any basis whatsover assures you that it was crap, I think it's Capello's idea of a joke; to make Arsenal think they've gone through and then ambush them in Turin (how i wish!).


Went back to the gym this morning despite all the resistance from my limbs. It was definately a case of mind over matter.

mind: Wake up! Gym time!
body: What! leave me alone!
mind:
Oh come on, we agreed to this yesterday
body:
I can't move any muscle
mind: Let me help you *my mind then proceeds to give my body a mental picture of me in 10 years minus gymwork*
body: okay but that's coercion, one day I'll just resign.
mind: I know, but not until I'm through with you, then I'll probably throw you off a bridge.



Was humming Dido's "This land is mine" today when my 5 year old cousin, Alana, heard me and proceeded to correct me. She thought I was trying to sing some kid's song called " This land is your land" so she sang it for me. Kids can be very cute.


This land is your land,
This land is my land,
From California To the New York Island,
From the redwood forest, To the Gulf stream waters,
This land was made for you and me.

As I was walking,
That ribbon of highway,
I saw above me That endless skyway,
I saw below me That golden valley.
This land was made for you and me.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweetcakes, been meaning for a long time to read your blog but there is no net at work. finally am here and this land thing caught my eye...to walk the earth and meet the other race should not be as complicated as it is today, if the birds knew how priviledged they are to cross to another man's land and still fly about it..............wish i could walk to paris,and then greece just to see the grass, to speak to another mind, another culture, another set of things....and still be able to smile! Cakes please don't let nothing take away each dream of yours for in reading you am convinced in their lies a journey, a destiny and perhaps an answered question.still looking as well, walk is long. love you.