- I am in love with one who has gone before. It's hard but I am making my peace with it.
- Consequently I have discovered that all I want to do with my life is help, teach, write and travel hopefully all at once
- I am not afraid of death. Not so long ago it was the only thing I craved though I have a sneaking suspicion that my years will be long and testing.
- I seem to have an overdeveloped sense of empathy and this makes me profoundly sad because I seem to feel everyone's pain. I believe that my only cure is to embrace the simple miracle of being.
- I don't think I will ever get married, it's something I have known as true for a very long time and events have only conspired to reaffirm this fact. But I am open minded, I know that life is as funny as it is unpredictable and so maybe one day I will say the words "I do". I also have the utmost respect for the union of two souls and I think that some people don't hold it as sacred as it is.
- I am afraid that I will never love another soul completely again because part of me has been taken away and I don't know if what's left is enough. I hope that one day I will heal.
- I believe that life only has meaning when I do things out of love, compassion and kindness. All else is futile and would leave my days empty and bereft of joy.
- My favorite song is Angel by Sarah McLachlan closely followed by Secret Garden by Bruce Springsteen
- I am a hopeless romantic and sad movies make me cry. It's a lot worse these days, I seem to have gone hormonal, I break down way too easily. The Secret Life of Bees tortured me!
- I can't engage in small talk. It is an art that has eluded me, I like discussing serious stuff like the fate of the galaxy, whether Frodo will get the ring to mordor and then there is that damn spoon or not. Seriously small talk is hard for me, I don't even know how to start it. "Um...the weather's lovely this month?"
- I have always been a dreamer. I always dreamt of being a Knight of the Realm. It probably explains why I love fantasy and sci fi.
- I don't believe in the idea of an omnipotent God as sold by the major world religions. I have always found the christian god to be pompous and malevolent. I discarded religion when I was 14 and have since engaged in arguments concerning said being. They always end in a stalemate and numerous prayers said on my behalf. I however understand why some people need the belief.
- I'm done for now.
- I think I have said too much
- I feel naked
- Someone hand me a loincloth
- Oh and I like sleeping in the nude!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
I've been tagged by Shishi and asked to tell a few truths about myself. Here goes...