Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Bucket List

Before I set out on my journey, I have decided to make a list of the things I want to do before I die, the things that will truly make me happy. Every single day, I will try to do one or more of these things and hopefully by the time I shuffle off, I will be smiling or sky diving, who knows. I think if each one of us made such a list and everyday was spent consciously trying to achieve or do these things, we would all be a happier lot. It is a strange thing how we often tell ourselves that we cannot do the things we want to do because of one thing or another, but when something happens, we look at our lives and wonder why we waste so much time doing unpleasant and mundane things. So, I challenge you to sit down, make your list, and see how far you can take it.



  • Find inner peace
  • Save a life
  • Carry the peace flag all over the world
  • Sit atop a mountain and watch the sunrise
  • Learn to play the guitar
  • Write and perform a song for my love
  • Set foot on all the continents
  • Feel the ocean
  • Visit the Taj Mahal
  • Spend a year in a monastery
  • Run with the bulls
  • Tomato Fight
  • Go Bungee Jumping
  • Carnival in Brazil
  • Sky Diving
  • Make Snow Angels
  • Visit 25 houses of worship around the world and light a candle in each
  • Attend the FIFA World Cup
  • Walk along the Great Wall of China
  • Swing a Samurai Sword
  • Learn Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish and Hindi
  • Write a book
  • Write poetry
  • Make love on the beach
  • Have a threesome (with 2 hot birds)
  • Sit on a park bench in Amsterdam and smoke weed
  • Cook an Indian meal
  • Drive an Aston Martin DBS
  • Roller coaster ride
  • Ice skate like a pro
  • Ride a camel, elephant and horse
  • Attend a Coldplay concert
  • Shake hands with someone who has truly changed a country
  • Hot air baloon ride



4 comments:

zsamm said...

LOVE yr list!!! so personal; says a lot abt u =) mine is in pictures (not very good ones; in crayon) not words. guess we'll compare notes when we get back from our quests =D wish u all the best with yrs
xoxo

normzo™ said...

After reading your list...i am motivated to come up with mine....

But dude this list is 'mob' long...better start on that sruff now...hahahaa

Jq said...

Your Bucket list is really interesting, i began my list, which i shall call "wish list" a couple of weeks ago..i think u copied some of my items:) i plan to return the favour;)its not yet complete and i doubt it shall be complete anytime soon..there's so much to do..places to c, people to meet...i mean the possibilities are endless..that's what my list shall be:)

Anonymous said...

A year in a monastery? I didn't see that one coming. Been planning to do mine since like 2nd January in vain, suffering from chronic procrastination, not good i know
Fiona