Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hiro and the Future

I love comics, in fact I have a 5Gb collection of them, my favorites being Tintin, X men, Superman…etc. I also love movies based on comics, I enjoyed the Xmen, The Matrix, Siperman. One thing that I've failed to find however, is a good TV Series based on a comic book, or one with superheroes and stuff. Sure, there's Blade, Mutant X, and a few others I'm sure I know nothing about…but nothing outstanding. Enter Heroes , a tale of ordinary people waking up one day with extraordinary abilities, kind of like Mutants in the Marvel Universe. While it employs the usual tricks on leaving you hanging at the end of each episode, it is a beautifully written script, and one of those few things that get my "Masterpiece" tag, that's if they don't do another season. It ranks up there in my list of "works of art" which includes

Books

  1. The Sandman - Neil Gaiman
  2. The Kiterunner - Khaled Hosseini
  3. The Lord of The Rings - JRR Tolkien
  4. The Bartimaeus Trilogy - Jonathan Stroud
  5. Salems Lot - Stephen King
  6. The Shining - Stephen King
  7. Snow Falling on Cedars -
  8. The Wisdom of Crowds -
  9. Blink -
  10. Opening Skinner's Box

Movies

  1. The Fellowship of the Ring
  2. The Phantom Menace
  3. The Matrix
  4. Revenge of the Sith
  5. The Two Towers
  6. In America
  7. Braveheart
  8. Dogma
  9. Hearts In Atlantis
  10. The Last Samurai
  11. Gladiator
  12. A Beautiful Mind

Comics and Comic Strips

  1. Calvin and Hobbes
  2. The Far Side
  3. TinTin
  4. Wolverine: Enemy of The State
  5. X Men: The Dark Phoenix
  6. Kingdom Come
.....................to be continued

No comments: